Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day and???????

Today's Mother's Day. I was brought coffee with hazelnut by Marty, while I took a leisurely bath. I'm dressed and ready, and I've been told they've got me for the whole day.

But, Ayla's holed up in her room (she did wake me up at like 6:45, though) and Brenna's not here yet. It's nearly noon, and I'm getting hungry. I believe they're making brunch, though. If Ayla ever gets up, and Brenna ever gets here.

I cannot believe how gloriously wonderful both my daughters have turned out to be. Sure, they still drive me crazy from time to time, but mostly, it's just pure pride. And relief that they're turning out to be decent people.

Yesterday, I went with Brenna to the Bonfils blood bank, because she had made an appointment to give blood -- so I donated, too. She was called first, so in the whole process, by the time I got to my donation bench, she was nearly done -- seated all the way across the room, I just kept looking at her face, her beautiful, grown-up, smiling face. Doing something simple and good for the world, no fuss, on her own time. Giving her blood. What an angel. She got a purple pressure bandage afterward, so I did, too. I am very proud of the young woman my Little Gabiddle has become.

She's talking about moving to Florida. I will have such a hard time with that, but I know it's what she wants to do, and it IS inevitable. I'll miss her so much, though.

Mother's day. I'll have to write another post after "whatever" happens today -- because it's all a secret.

Now I'll go pick tulips in the front yard.