Monday, August 24, 2009

When happiness hits you hard

This marks Week Three of my daughter's senior year of high school. So far, she's holding an A average. This is the kid who couldn't be bothered to even GET to school in the past, let alone to care about getting good grades. What a miraculous transformation it's been.

Both my daughters are just delighting me as they grow up. It HURTS to see them separate and become independent, hurts so bad. But I am just unbelieveably proud of them both.

Daughter B just moved to Florida. Daughter A gets her drivers license in (GASP) THREE DAYS. I simply cannot fathom this.

I hate that they're growing up.

I wish I still had the two of them, small and sweet, B clutching her treasured Ernie doll, and A with her little, four-tooth grin from a high chair. Oh, my girls, my treasures! Seeing you grow up has been hard on me. I want my little ones back -- but at the same time, I am bursting with joy over the beautiful young women you are becoming.

What a confusing time. I am so happy that it hurts. Never saw THAT coming.