Sunday, November 22, 2009

Xmas music ALREADY???

A week before Thanksgiving, and it's already full-blast with the holiday toonz. Yikes! This has just been a helluva year, but still I'm thankful that it hasn't been as bad as some other people had to experience.

Marty nearly died in January -- but right now, he's cranking guitar along with ZZ Top in his office. And he's working just about nonstop with Kaiser Permanente on a boatload of projects. Thank god for that. And that he's still here, and healthy.

Brenna moved to Florida with David. Now she's a sometimes-voice on the phone, a sometimes-email, and twice I've chatted with her on video. I HATE this "growing up" stuff. But she's doing okay there.

Ayla now has both drivers license AND car. AND is 18, an official adult (though still a kid in my book).

Me? I was not about to finish out the year without accomplishing a couple of goals:

I'm now a student at CSU Global, so far with an A-average.

And I'm working out regularly with a trainer, four days a week.

Job's still going, but it's been a horrible year in the financial industry. But the job IS still there, even if it's been mostly a boring year. But that's why it's so important to have other goals, other things to keep me going! The job gets the lion's share of my time each week, but unless something changes radically with it (which I am sure isn't in the cards) it's predictable and not terribly challenging. so I need to create my challenges elsewhere.

And I guess that's healthy, right? No need to look at my job being "everything" -- that's not normal. So I guess I'm moving toward being more healthy!

Onward and upward.