Sunday, March 8, 2009

Coyote Catalyst

I think a lot of this pondering is coming up simply because of The Daily Coyote, because Shreve has been almost TOO detailed about chronicling her personal life with Charlie the Coyote, in Ten Sleep, WY.

But, I have loved exposure to it -- schadenfruede? Voyeruism? Getting a glimpse into someone's real life can be addictive.

That's why I've always loved David Sedaris. I wish the guy was more prolific, because I hate having to wait for him to get his ass in gear and get new books out.

(One thing that is just plain fun about blogging, is the weird stuff you stumble upon. Like this site that explains why white people like David Sedaris. Now that I've found it, I'm going to have to go back to the home page, and read more about what I'm supposed to like as a white person -- since Sedaris is at #25, and honestly I didn't think he was really all that popular!)