Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Urinals are Unfair

(rant)
I KNOW my husband danced with death in recent months. I KNOW it's hard for him to get around. I KNOW it's especially hard in the middle of the night, if he wakes up, feels groggy, it's dark, and there's a gauntlet of dogflesh to dodge between the bed and the bathroom.

That said, it just drives me nuts that he is still keeping not ONE, but TWO plasitc urinals on his bedside table. And uses them every single night, both of them. Even though he really CAN make it to the bathroom, he CHOOSES to keep using the damn urinals. That just makes me nuts.

I guess one sign of progress is that he finally removed the wheelchair from his office, because he had been using the wheelchair instead of his nice leather office chair, at his desk. At least he's gotten past that. But the urinals... I think he really likes the "convenience" of it, and those two plastic jugs have gotten to be standard bedside items.

I'm a girl. I don't have that option. If I ever get fully laid up, I'll have to get myself up and moile again asap, because girls cannot pee into plastic jugs.

I just had to say it. (end rant)