Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday, Happy, Friday, Happy (boring but good)

It's Friday evening, a little after seven. We're going to go out to dinner shortly. Me and the hubby. THe kid's with her boyfriend (I know I'm losing her, bit by bit), her older sister has decided not to talk to me in a week, and my husband is gradually starting to sound like his old self again after all the health problems, even though he's not "back" yet, I'm seeing glimmers.

He just told his biz assoc on the phone, "I'll send you some good energy" -- I take that to mean he's feeling better. Since Xmas.

So, shortly we'll head to a very local pizza place called Via Baci, that has just good food. And they have candles, which are very flattering. He and I have not been able to go out to dinner since... last year? I think that's true, this is the first time we've been able to eat out at a restaurant since all his hospitalizations.

And it's Friday night, it's payday night, and that makes us all happy.

Simple pleasure -- happy time. I miss these sorts of simple, happy times.